Canadian-Chinese Professional Accountants Association (CCPAA) is going to hold a seminar on Microsoft Excel on Sunday, Oct 25, 2015 in the North York Central Library.
Excel is a great tool for tracking projects, organizing data, and turning raw data into usable information. This seminar will get beginners up to speed and also give Excel advanced users some new tips and features.
- Seminar Overview
This Seminar is designed for participants who wish to enhance Excel skills necessary in the workplace. We provide an overview and introduction to Microsoft Excel skills from basic level to advanced, to help you develop the necessary skills. In this workshop you will have chance to really explore what Excel can do for you and gain practical experience from real case study and discussion. Within only 3 hours, the seminar will help you to figure out just what you want to know about Excel, giving you the exact what you want to resolve your problem that had bothered you for years.
- Seminar Framework
The seminar is composed by Six Sections:
- Section 1 – General set up and Excel good practice
- Section 2 – Data Processing : Excel data processing
- Section 3 – Modeling & Analysis : Functions, Formulas and their applications
- Section 4 – Reporting: Presentation and Printing
- Section 5 – Excel Specialties
- Section 6 – Q&A
(please see attached detailed descriptions)
- Speaker: Max Yan
Max, graduated from a Canadian university, majored in Applied Statistic and Actuarial Science, has spent ten years plus in data management, data modeling, financial analysis, and complicated financial and actuarial modeling using Excel. Due to his superb ability to integrate business ideas with Excel constructions, he was invited by groups and individuals to provide advanced Excel training.
Max, as a volunteer mentor at CCPAA, he is also a YouTuber, who created MaxExl channel and is currently making Excel 5-Minutes series videos, seeking efficient and effortless ways for Excel learning and training for busy professionals from different industries who want to improve their Excel skills.
- Excel Seminar Administration Team
- Coordinator: Amy/Yi Ping/Saice :
- Supervisor: Cheng Lin /Mia Ma :
- Assistant: Vivian Yu
- Date, time and agenda:
1:30 PM – 5:00 PM, Oct 25, 2015 Sunday Toronto, Canada
1:30 pm – 2:00 pm – Registration/Coffee/Network
2:00 pm – 4:30 pm – Section 1 to Section 5
4:30 pm – 4:45 pm — Section 6 Q&A
4:45 pm – 5:00 pm — Wrap up
North York Central Library: Room 2/3
5120 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M2N 5N9
- Seminar Enrollment Requirement:
- To maximize the benefits of the seminar, you must have some basic knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Excel;
- Since you are going to do hands-on work, make sure you bring your own laptop;
- You need to warm-up before seminar. Please print out and review the materials sent by CCPAA Excel admin team and remember to take it with you on Oct 25,2015. (Materials prepared by Max Yan);
- Refreshments will be provided
- Language: English/Mandarin
- CPD Credit: 3 hours
- Fees: First-come First – served basis
CCPAA Member: $50/person (please login -> member -> my seminar -> to register)
Non-CCPAA Member: $100 / person (please use the registration link at the end of this post to register; you are welcome to register as a CCPAA member, the first year fee is $40/yr, with a renewal fee of $25/yr afterward. All collected fees are used toward association seminar and events, the association is run by volunteers.)
CCPAA- Excel Seminar Volunteer: $30 /person
- Seat limitation and enrolment: 20-25 persons Maximum space: 30 persons.
- When you register, please make sure you provide the contact email address which will be used to provide the training materials for the workshop in advance.
Thank you for your interest, due to high demand, the tickets are sold out now. If you have any question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org